Mooresville Middle School will instill an appreciation and love for learning in our students as we help them develop the skills needed to become goal oriented, independent thinkers and leaders in an ever-changing global society. We challenge every student, every day to discover and develop a positive sense of self, as well as to respect themselves and others through meaningful collaboration with peers, teachers, and parents.
Learn More About the School:
- School Improvement Plan 2018-19
- MMS Family Newsletters 2018-19
- IMPtv News Youtube Channel
- MMS Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- MMS PTSO: Website, Facebook
LAPTOP DEPLOYMENT INFORMATION FOR 2019-20
RISING 4TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE
All rising 4th through 12th grade students in MGSD receive a laptop for use during the school year. ALL rising 4th-12th grade students will attend deployment at Mooresville Intermediate School, 1438 Coddle Creek Hwy.
DEPLOYMENT DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
MONDAY- JULY 29, 2019 - 8:30 AM-7:30 PM
TUESDAY - JULY 30, 2019 - 4:30-7:30 PM
WEDNESDAY - JULY 31, 2019 - 8:30 AM-7:30 PM
SATURDAY - AUGUST 3, 2019 - 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- ALL students must attend with a parent/guardian
- ALL returning students must bring their school-issued book bag to deployment to receive their laptop. (If you do not have your book bag, you will not be able to attend deployment and receive your laptop or you must purchase a new one for $45.00)
- Rising 4th grade and new students to MGSD will receive a new bookbag at no cost
- ANY and ALL outstanding fines must be paid before a laptop will be issued. (A reminder letter about fines will be emailed and/or mailed to students/parents over the summer)
- All students must pay an annual $50 Usage Fee
- ALL students and parents/guardians must attend a short information session
- Powerschool Online Registration must be completed before a laptop can be issued
We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE parents and students to participate in ONLINE TRAINING, complete POWERSCHOOL ONLINE REGISTRATION and pay the USAGE FEE before coming to deployment. This will drastically reduce your wait time. Please visit http://deployment.mgsd.k12.nc.usOpens a New Window. for information on completing these tasks.
Online training will be ready the week of July 15, 2019.
Are you the parent of a rising 4th through 12th grade student in MGSD? Laptop deployment is right around the corner. Find all the information you need in this post!
The online registration system for the 2019 - 2020 school year has opened! Please click on this post for full details. Here is to a great school year!
Attention Rising 7th Graders and Parents: the WEB orientation program is next week. You should have received a letter by mail with the following information:
- Rising 7th-grade students with the last names from A-K should come to orientation on July 17th.
- Students with the last names L-Z should come on July 18th.
- Students should wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Orientation starts at 8:00 and ends at 1:00.
- Lunch will be provided both days.
- The 7th-graders who attend orientation will receive their schedules.
If your child cannot come on their assigned day, they may come on the opposite day. If you did not receive the letter, show up anyway!
The WEB program was established for rising 7th graders to be acclimated to MMS facilities and to build relationships with 8th graders serving as their leaders. This is an exciting program that will help 7th graders be comfortable with the start of school!
If you need more information, please call the main office at 704-658-2720.
The MGSD Board of Education approved the appointment of Ms. Cheryl Dortch as the assistant principal of South Elementary School! Ms. Dortch is no stranger to the district. She was a teacher at South Elementary from 2004 until 2014, and the 2011-2012 MGSD Teacher of the Year. In 2014, Ms. Dortch was appointed as assistant principal of South Elementary; however, due to family obligations, she had to relocate to Kentucky in 2015 where she continued her work in public education. Mooresville Graded School District is so exited to welcome this long-time South Star back home to North Carolina and MGSD!
Please read this post to learn the procedures that will be followed in the case of inclement weather for our 2019 MHS Graduation Ceremony.
It is that time of year to register your student(s) for the Back 2 School Bash! With the new calendar, it will be taking place a bit earlier this summer on July 13. This wonderful community event is made possible by local churches, businesses, and community members and helps our students start the school year off right with new shoes, school supplies and a day of fun! Oh, did we mention it is free? If you would like to signup or volunteer to help with the Bash '19, please go to www.B2SB.org. Thank you!
With the 2018 - 2019 school year coming to a close, we wanted to share information about summer feeding sites where our community's children can access breakfast and lunches while school is not in session. Thank you!
The monthly MGSD Board of Education meetings are a great time to celebrate students and staff, as well as learn about what is happening throughout our district. Check out a few items from the May 14, 2019, meeting.