|Hello MGSD families!
We are four weeks into our school year and next week is a short week! As a reminder, there will be no school for our students on Thursday, September 2 through Monday, September 6. We hope all of our families enjoy the extended Labor Day break, as well as stay safe and healthy so that we can see all of our kiddos back on Tuesday, September 7!
Please remember, if your child has been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, do not send them to school and notify your school. In addition, if your child is experiencing the symptoms listed in the NC Strong Schools Toolkit, please do not send them to school and notify your school. Finally, please do not send your child to school if they have been tested for COVID-19 and results are pending. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our children learning in school and in person!
|We appreciate your patience as we developed the transportation plan for the 2021-2022 school year. MGSD is happy to announce the adoption of an innovative mobile device app and website entitled, Here Comes the Bus®. Here Comes the Bus allows you to view the real-time location of your child’s school bus on your smartphone, tablet or computer. With it, you will have the information you need to send your children to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to protect them from inclement weather and other roadside dangers. What’s more, you will have peace of mind knowing your child hasn't missed the bus!
Here Comes the Bus is a free service and enables you to:
Here Comes the Bus is powered by Synovia Solutions™, makers of the GPS-tracking technology used to increase safety and cost savings as it relates to our school bus fleet. Available in three languages (English, Spanish, and French), the Here Comes the Bus App can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
- See the location of your child’s bus both before and after school;
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop, at school or both;
- Receive a push notification (only available on iPhone & Android devices) or email message when the bus is near your stop, has been substituted, or when we have important information to relay. The default notification is email, you must choose to receive push notifications in the App.
Signing up is EASY! On your desktop computer, you can sign up at https://herecomesthebus.com/getting-started/. You will need the district code (80838) and your student's ID number (contact your child's school if you don't have it) to sign up. For your smartphone or tablet, download the Here Comes the Bus app from the App Store or Google Play. Once activated, you can customize or edit features, including how the app will communicate with you and the size of the notification radius around your bus stop.
Our recent transportation changes should be reflected when you login. Please understand some variations in stop times and locations may occur, yet the majority of families will see the correct stop information and the app will work as it should. Please be patient with the app during the first few weeks as the number of daily stop changes will diminish. We ask that families be at the stop 15 minutes before the scheduled stop time as stop times will vary due to traffic and other delays. The performance of the app may vary throughout the school year. MGSD will work with the vendor to resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- You must have your child's unique student identification number to set up the app. Due to privacy guidelines, Transportation staff will NOT be able to provide this number to you. If you need your student's identification number (first part of a student’s email, Canvas Login, etc.), you must contact the school.
- When entering your child's last name in the Here comes the Bus App, make sure you spell it EXACTLY as it appears on your child's report cards, bus stop information, etc. If you have a hyphen in the name, make sure you include it. Only enter the first fourteen (14) characters of your child's last name. For example, if your child's last name is WILLIAMSON-SMITH, you will enter WILLIAMSON-SMI in the last name field.
- The bus stop associated with your child for morning and afternoon bus service is the location you can draw the radius around; the app does not track after school, athletics, or any other transportation we provide.
- Please note that no bus tracking service is 100% accurate; DO NOT assume the bus isn't coming just because the app didn't notify you!
- Sometimes we make bus substitutions and this can affect the accuracy of the Here Comes the Bus App. When a bus substitution is made, the Here Comes The Bus app may not work.
Once you are logged into your account, the link to Here Comes The Bus support can be found by selecting Help. Additional resources can be found there as well. If you have any further questions and concerns, please feel free to contact the Synovia "Here Comes The Bus" App hotline at 1-844-854-9316.
Questions or concerns related to bus service? Email us at email@example.com