- Ted Talk: How Autism Freed Me to be Myself - 16-year-old Rosie King challenges stereotypes of people with autism and contextualizes the issue by asking us, "Why be normal?"
- NPR: Being Mom To A Middle Schooler Can Be The Toughest Gig Of All by Juli Fraga
- Dr. Andrea Umbach: 5 Ways to Challenge Anxious Thoughts
- Amy Morin - 10 Reasons Teens Have So Much Anxiety Today
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 8TH GRADERS
- March 5, 2020: 6:30pm, Rising 9th Grade Information Night (students should come, too!) at the Performing Arts Center.
- March 24 & 25, 2020: Eighth graders tour MHS during the school day
- March 26, 2020: MHS Counselors visit MMS eighth graders to help them start registering for 2019-2020.
- March 31, 2020: Course requests for 2019-2020 must be finalized. Courses will be locked at 3:00pm on March 31.
- April 7, 2020: Verification forms are mailed home to all rising 9th-11th graders. Parents must sign and return these forms to school, indicating their approval of the courses that the student requested.
- April 15, 2020: Verification forms due to MMS & MHS
- Slideshow Presentation
- Electives for Ninth Graders
- Core Course Flow Chart
- CTE Certifications
- Step by Step Guide to Selecting Classes
- Classroom Visit Handout
- NAF Academy of Engineering Flyer
- NAF Academy of Engineering Course Sequencing
- NAF Academy of Engineering Application (Due March 14!)
MOORESVILLE PARKS & RECREATIONS SUMMER CAMPS
Mooresville Parks & Rec is providing financial support to families that are interested in participating in their Summer Camp Programs. Amy parents and families that may have a need for assistance should view the links below. If you have any questions, please contact Marvet Spencer via email or at 704-799-4231.
Step Up to STEM is a week-long FREE summer camp program for rising 9th grade students who are under-represented within the STEM fields. Mooresville Middle School students have the opportunity to apply and attend this FREE program in the summer between the 8th and 9th grade year.
Iredell County Partners Behaviors Health Collaborative is providing a class for parents with children birth to age 5. We know some MMS parents have younger children as well as students that attend MMS. Please consider how this class may work for you and pass on to someone else who may benefit.
CLICK HERE to download flyer.