IMPORTANT DATES FOR 8TH GRADERS
March 18, 2019: MHS Counselors visit MMS eighth graders to help them start registering for 2019-2020.
- March 21, 2019: 5pm-8pm, Optional registration night at MHS for families with specific questions.
- March 22, 2019: Course requests for 2019-2020 must be finalized. Courses will be locked at 3:00pm on March 22.
- March 29, 2019: Verification forms are mailed home to all rising 9th-11th graders. Parents must sign and return these forms to school, indicating their approval of the courses that the student requested.
- April 5, 2019: Verification forms due to MMS & MHS
- Slideshow Presentation
- Electives for Ninth Graders
- Core Course Flow Chart
- CTE Certifications
- Step by Step Guide to Selecting Classes
- Classroom Visit Handout
- NAF Academy of Engineering Flyer
- NAF Academy of Engineering Course Sequencing
- NAF Academy of Engineering Application (Due March 14!)
- Ted Talk: How Autism Freed Me to be Myself - 16-year-old Rosie King challenges stereotypes of people with autism and contextualizes the issue by asking us, "Why be normal?"
- NPR: Being Mom To A Middle Schooler Can Be The Toughest Gig Of All by Juli Fraga
- Dr. Andrea Umbach: 5 Ways to Challenge Anxious Thoughts
Iredell County Partners Behaviors Health Collaborative is providing a class for parents with children birth to age 5. We know some MMS parents have younger children as well as students that attend MMS. Please consider how this class may work for you and pass on to someone else who may benefit.
CLICK HERE to download flyer.